1/2 cup cashews soaked minimum 3 hours
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 small onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 lemon juiced
1 heaping tbsp miso
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 cup hot pasta water
6 cups mixed wild mushrooms
1/4-1/2 shaved Parmesan
Pasta of choice
1. Measure 1/2 cup raw cashews and place in a bowl. Cover with water and let sit for a minimum 3 hours.
2. Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water before adding your pasta. Cook pasta till al dente and reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
3. While pasta is cooking heat oil and chili flakes in a large pan. Add in diced onion and cook until translucent. Add in garlic and saute for 30 more seconds. Scrape onions and garlic into a blender.
4. Drain and rinse cashews and add to the blender with lemon juice, miso, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, salt, cracked pepper and milk. Add 1/4 cup of hot pasta water and blend to combine. If sauce is too thick, add a splash more water.
5. Add a splash more oil to pan and cook mushrooms. Try not to overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if you need to. Once mushrooms are browned season with salt and pepper.
6. Add cooked pasta to the pan with mushrooms followed by sauce. Toss to combine. I like to add a couple more splashes of pasta to bring the sauce together.
7. Add Parmesan cheese and toss again. Taste for seasoning. Transfer to bowls, add more cheese and a sprinkle of chili flakes. ENJOY!