2 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
Extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more as needed
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 packets frozen gnocchi
1. If you don’t own a high-speed blender, soak the cashews in boiled water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.)
2. Preheat the oven to 400ºF if you do not own an air-fryer.
3. If you are using pasta, cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet until al dente.
4. Spray the tomatoes and garlic with oil. Air-fry at 400º for about 5 minutes, or roast for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes burst.
5. Spray the frozen gnocchi, if using, with cooking spray and cook at 400ºF in the air-fryer for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing halfway. Or roast in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove the skin from the garlic.
7. Transfer the cashews, basil, garlic, olive oil, parmesan, and lemon juice to a blender. Add 2 tablespoons water. Blend on high until smooth, adding more olive oil or water until the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve the gnocchi with the tomatoes and pesto