1/4 C tomato paste
4 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
14 oz can kidney beans, drained
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 sweet potato, cubed
3 celery stalks, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 red bell peppers, chopped
2 tbsp hot chili powder
1 tsp paprika
28 oz canned diced tomatoes
14 oz can pinto beans, drained
1 C water or vegetable broth
14 oz can black beans, drained
1 C yellow sweet corn
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sriracha optional
2 C baby spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 C fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil or water in a large Dutch oven over low heat.
2. Add in onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add in sweet potatoes, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in bell peppers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in all seasonings, including cacao, and sauté for about 30 seconds, adding a little extra oil or water if needed.
4. Pour in tomatoes, water or broth, tomato paste, chipotle peppers, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir to combine. Add all beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Gently simmer for 5 minutes until corn is heated through, tomatoes have softened, and spinach has wilted.
6. Season to taste by adjusting sriracha, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Serve hot topped with recommended toppings.