100 g dried pasta
2 tbsp plant based butter
1 red onion finely diced
5 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 roasted red pepper finely chopped (I use the ones that you get in jars)
2 tbsp tomato puree plus a splash of boiling water
1 stock cube + 1l boiled water
80 g kale roughly massaged and torn
1 tsp each dried sage basil and parsley
1. Start by getting a pot of water onto boil with a generous pinch of salt and add the pasta, leave to cook for around 8-10 mins.
2. Add the vegan butter to a pot and start frying the red onion, chopped sun dried tomatoes and pepper for around 6 minutes.
3. Add the minced garlic to the pot and continue to fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta, adding the water to a bowl and mix with the stock cube.
5. Add the tomato purée with a spoonful of water and whisk together and leave to fry for a few minutes before adding in the vegetable stock, dried herbs and kale.
6. After a minutes of bubbling away, add the pasta and continue to heat for a minute or two before serving with sun dried tomatoes on top and cracked black pepper.
7. If you’re adding the vegan cream, add with the last 3 minutes of cooking as you don’t want a high heat otherwise it’ll curdle. Stir through and enjoy with some crunchy toast.