Chili Tofu Katsu Ingredients:
350g Firm Tofu, pressed
¾ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
¼ Cup Corn Flour/Starch
1 Cup Soy Milk
1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard Seeds
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Garlic Powder
200g Enoki Mushroom:
1 Cup Basmati Rice, uncooked
1/2 Cup Vegetable Liquid Stock
350 ml Coconut Milk, tinned
2 Cups Broccoli, florets
100g Kale, sliced
1 tbsp Yellow Curry Paste
1. Pre heat fan forced oven to 180C and press the tofu for 20minutes.
2. Cook the rice as per package direction. Set aside.
3. Combine the corn flour, plant milk and mustard seeds in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Combine the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, chili flakes and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Cut the tofu into four large slices about 6mm thick.
5. Coat the tofu into the wet mixture then transfer to the dry mixture to coat well, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook each side for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked, slice the tofu into even bite-sized strips.
6. Using a large pan on a medium heat add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes then add the kale and cook for 2 more minutes. Reduce the heat to low/medium combining in the curry paste, cook for 2 minutes then add the vegetable stock, enoki mushrooms and coconut milk stirring well, simmer for a few minutes and taste to adjust seasonings.
7. Divide the rice between bowls then add the curry and top with the tofu katsu and enjoy.