If you love fried rice, you’ll love this vegan teriyaki fried rice! It’s so delicious and easy to make.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce*
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp minced ginger (optional)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp room temperature water
*Note: If you have regular soy sauce, feel free to lessen to 1/4 cup and taste as you go since it can get a little salty if using regular soy sauce.
1. In a bowl, mix the corn starch and water.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and leave to boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Leave to simmer until the sauce thickens from the cornstarch, around 7 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and set aside to use for the fried rice or other dishes. I store mine in a bottle and store it in the refrigerator for future use. Enjoy!