This One Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff is a delicious and easy dish to make and can be made in just a few minutes with few simple steps.
1/2 medium yellow onion, finely
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
10 oz. mushrooms sliced
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup vegan dry white wine (we used a Sauvignon Blanc)
2 tsp fresh thyme (stems removed)
2 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
4 cups vegan beef broth (or vegetable broth)
8 oz. rotini pasta
1/2 cup vegan sour cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
1. In a medium pot or pan over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth . Once warmed, add in the onions and garlic, and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring often, or until fragrant and translucent.
2. Be sure to add more vegetable broth or water, 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent burning.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften and browned, about 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and mix through. Stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook the flour through.
5. Add in the vegan white wine and mix through. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add in the thyme, tamari, bay leaves, nutritional yeast and dijon mustard. Mix until well combined. Slowly being to add in the vegan beef broth, stirring constantly, until you have a smooth mixture. Add in the noodles and mix through. Enjoy!