- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour, substitute with gluten-free flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 ounces (6-7) lasagna noodles, substitute with gluten-free noodles
- 2 tbsp neutral oil, substitute with water
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used soy milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) of white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 medium white or yellow onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
Heat a large pot on medium heat. After adding the oil add onion and cook it until softened about 4-5 minutes. Now add some garlic and cook until for 2 minutes. Add the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the vegetable broth and mix. Break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and add it to the pot. Pour the milk, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, stirring frequently, and cook until the noodles are completely cooked, 8 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, beans, and nutritional yeast. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft. Taste the pasta and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
Take pasta off the heat. Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley or crushed red pepper.
Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.