1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, chopped
1/4 tsp ground sage
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
7 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
14 oz mushrooms*, sliced
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
5 cups vegan soup stock
1 cups vegan unsweetened milk
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 carrots, diced or cut into half-moons
1 cup wild rice blend
7 oz chopped kale
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large heavy bottomed pot , heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. When shimmering, add the mushrooms and cook for 8-9 minutes, or until cooked and caramelized in spots.
2. Add the balsamic vinegar, cooking for another few minutes or until the moisture has mostly evaporated and the mushrooms are glazed. Place the mushrooms on a plate for later.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil. When shimmering, add the onions. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, thyme, oregano, rosemary and sage, cooking for 30 seconds. Deglaze with the wine, cooking until most of the moisture is cooked off.
4. Sprinkle in the flour, stirring frequently for 2 minutes to cook the flour. Pour in 2 cups of broth, whisking constantly to prevent flour lumps from forming, until the mixture thickens.
5. Add the rest of the broth, milk, celery, carrots, and rice and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for as long as directed on the rice package – this will vary depending on the blend you’re using.
6. At the end of cooking, add the kale. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the kale is bright and softened. Stir the mushrooms back into the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The recipe says “1/2c white”. What is that?
Wine I think. It says declare with wine
How many servings is this recipe?