1 med butternut squash approx 3lbs
1 small head of garlic, 2 tbl butter
1 lb vegan sausage links roughly crumbled using hands or back of fork (casings removed)
1 small onion sliced into half moons (approx 1 1/2 cups)
small red potatoes sliced (approx 1 cup)
1 large carrot cut into matchsticks (approx 1 cup)
2 cups no ch’kn broth (sub veggie broth)
1 tsp celery seeds, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp curry powder, s/p to taste
1/2 cup non-dairy cream cheese (room temp)
1/2- 1 cup non dairy milk
1. To Roast Butternut Squash: slice in half using a sharp knife, scoop out seeds & stringy fibers, cut off the head of garlic, brush squash with olive oil & inside cavity. Place garlic head cut side down inside one of the cavities. Season with s/p. Place on baking tray & roast in preheated oven at 400 F till caramelized & fork can easily pierce through depth (approx 60-80 min). Let cool. Skin should peel off easily.
2. In a blender, combine squash & squeeze garlic from its skin into mixer. Add 1/2 cup of broth. Blend till smooth.
3. For Sausage: in a large pot or dutch oven: heat 1 tbl butter on med heat. Add sausage to pan, cook till browned (approx 10 min). Set aside
4. In the same pot over med heat, add the remaining butter, when warmed add onion, carrots, & potatoes, season s/p. Cook 8-10 min till onion is soft & golden. Scraping up any brown bits from sausage for added flavor. Add 1 tbl water if it pot gets to dry.
5. Next, add puréed squash, seasonings, & remaining 2 1/2 cups broth, making sure veggies are covered with liquid. Bring to a boil, then simmer on med/low heat covered 20-30 min till carrots are tender & flavors meld. Mix occasionally
6. Turn off heat, add cream cheese, mix till combined. Add milk to achieve desired consistency.
7. Serve Soup with sausage crumbles on top. Enjoy!!!
That soup looks delicious, I am going to try to make it