6-8 cups of cooking oil
2 cups of corn meal
1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tbs of sugar
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of corn starch
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
2-3 Pinches of salt
1/3 cup of finely chopped green onions
1 cup of cream-style corn
1/2 cup of plant-based milk
1. Pre-heat the oil to 350-375 degrees in pan or skillet.
2. In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Add your green onions, corn and milk. Mix well.
4. Using a 1/2 inch scooper or spoon, drop batter in the oil.
5. Fry until the hushpuppies are golden brown
6. Place on a paper towels to absorb excess oil.