- 1 tbsp Capers
- 2 tbsp Basil chopped plus additional fresh leaves for garnish
- 2 tsp Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1 cup reserved Pasta Water
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Raw Cashews soaked & rinsed
- 1/2 cup White Wine (use one you’d enjoy drinking)
- 1/2 cup Plant Milk ( I like Oat for its creaminess)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 454 g of short Pasta
- 40-45 g of Sun-dried Tomatoes rehydrated and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Onion chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Serve with Vegan Parmesan and more fresh Basil
🔹 To make the cashew cream, soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and blend them with the 1/2 cup of plant milk and 1/4 cup of water. Blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
🔹 Boil the pasta according to package directions. While it cooks prepare the sauce.
🔹 Add the butter and oil to a large skillet on medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, sauté the onion until it becomes translucent. About 5 minutes.
🔹 Add in the miso paste, garlic, capers and sun-dried tomatoes and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant.
🔹 Add in the baby spinach and basil and mix well. Allow the spinach to begin to wilt before adding in the cashew cream and about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water.
🔹 Toss in the cooked pasta and mix well. Season with salt & pepper and add the remaining pasta water if sauce is too thick.
Serve with additional fresh basil and parmesan. Enjoy!