2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onion
3 large cloves garlic
400g cherry tomatoes
400g jar roasted red peppers
1 cup red lentils
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 tsp chilli flakes
2 bay leaves
1 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 can All Natural Coconut Milk
Vegan sour cream or coconut yogurt
Small basil leaves
Croutons (homemade or store-bought)
1. Peel and dice onion. Peel and mince garlic. In a large pot, heat oil on medium and sauté until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 3-4 mins.
2. Add whole cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers, red lentils, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, salt, and chilli flakes, and cook for 4-5 minutes until tomatoes are softened.
3. Add vegetable stock and bay leaves and bring to gentle boil. Cook, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender, removing the bay leaves first and setting aside. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour the soup back into the pot and stir in coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and the previously set aside bay leaves.
. Bring back to a gentle boil and cook until thickened to your liking, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve up, garnishing with vegan sour cream or coconut yogurt, fresh basil leaves, and croutons. ENJOY!