400g tortiglioni or pasta
1 buttercup squash, halved + seeds removed
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp garlic powder
oat milk, as necessary for thinning sauce
1 red onion
1 bell pepper
3 handfuls spinach
2 tbsp vegan butter, divided
salt + pepper, to taste
1. Brush squash with 1/2 tbsp melted vegan butter & season. Roast in a preheated oven at 400 for 40 minutes (until soft and cooked)
2. Scoop out flesh and add to a high speed blender with nutritional yeast, nutmeg, garlic powder, cayenne and a generous pinch of salt + pepper.
3. Add oat milk, a little at a time. Blend until smooth. Add oat milk as necessary for thinning the sauce.
4. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling and salted water until nearly cooked.
5. In a frying pan, cook veggies in vegan butter. Season. Add spinach last and cook until just wilted.
6. Drain pasta and reserve a little cooking water.
7. Add pasta and sauce to pan with veggies and stir to coat. Cook for a minute or two until everything is hot.
8. Top with more nutritional yeast and enjoy!