Crispy Tofu + Sesame Lime Cucumbers
1 block Extra firm tofu, sliced
1 English cucumber, ribboned with a spiralizer or peeler
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 C jasmine rice, cooked
Wasabi Avocado Dressing:
1/2 C unsweetened coconut yogurt
1 ripe avocado
2 tsp wasabi (powdered or fresh, adjust for desired spice)
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 limes, zested and juiced
handful of fresh mint
1. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat and lightly coat with oil. Add tofu in a single layer and cook without touching for 4-5 minutes.
2. Once tofu wiggles freely and is golden on the underside, flip and repeat. If it’s sticking to the pan it’s not ready to flip!
3. Meanwhile, toss cucumber ribbons with lime juice, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Place in a bowl alongside optional rice.
4. Add all ingredients for sauce to a blender and purée until smooth. Adjust lime/maple syrup/wasabi to your liking
5. Add crispy tofu to bowl and drizzle with sauce! Enjoy.