Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Vegan KL Hokkien Mee
500g fresh udon noodles, cooked according to the package directions and set aside.
100g bok choy or choy sum, roughly chopped
100g napa cabbage, roughly chopped
100g firm tofu, cut into cubes
5-6 shiitake mushrooms, thinly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Water as required
2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 4 tbsp water
3 tbsp oil for cooking
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Thick soy sauce as required
1. Cook the fresh udon noodles according to the package direction and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil, fry the chopped shiitake mushrooms till crispy and set aside.
3. Fry the tofu till browned and set aside.
4. Sauté the garlic till fragrant. Add in the napa cabbage cook for 1 minute, then add in the tofu, bok choy, cooked udon and the condiments together.
5. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add in the slurry, cook for another 1 minute or till the sauce is thickened. Remove from the heat and top with fried crispy mushrooms and enjoy.