2 tbsp vegan butter
1 cup chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 cup vegan cheddar, shredded, plus extra for topping if desired!
3/4 cup vegan cream cheese
1 tbs mellow white miso
2 tbs nutritional yeast
¼ cup all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
3 cups veggie stock
½ tsp dry mustard powder
1 tbs lemon juice
Extra equipment needed:
1. Heat a pot with 1 inch water, covered, over high heat until boiling. Add carrots to a steamer basket and place inside the pot. Steam for 3 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and steam for another 7-8 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are tender. Set 1 cup of the broccoli aside.
3. Heat a large pot over medium heat, once heated add butter, onion, and a pinch of salt. Saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Make some space in the center of the pot and add garlic, cooking for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add flour, and cook for another 2 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Add carrots, 3 cups of broccoli, paprika, dry mustard powder, 2 ½ cups of broth, cream cheese, miso, nutritional yeast, and cheddar shreds.
6. Using an immersion blender or you can carefully pour it into your blender, blend until mostly smooth. Enjoy.