3 cup vegan butter divided room temp
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, s/p, 4 oz baby Bella mushrooms cleaned & sliced
1 shallot sliced (approx 1/4 cup), 3 garlic cloves minced, 2 tbl flour, 1/2 cup dry white wine (vegan)
1/2 cup broth
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 cup vegan parm
1 tbl-1/2 cup non dairy milk
1 handful baby spinach, juice from 1/2 lemon, fresh parsley chopped
1/2 block of extra firm tofu pressed & dried, then cut into cubes or rectangles, neutral oil
1. Brush tofu slices with 1 tsp neutral oil, & coat with Italian seasoning, onion, & garlic powder.
2. Heat 1/2 tbl of butter on med heat in a large non-stick pan, cook tofu slices 5-8 min on each side till golden. Set aside. Wipe pan clean. Set aside
3. Heat 1/2 tbl butter on med heat, & cook mushroom slices till golden 2-4 min on each side. Wipe pan clean. Set aside
4. Add remaining 2 tbl butter on med/low heat, when melted, add shallot & garlic, stir till shallot softens & garlic is fragrant 1-2 minutes.
5. Slowly stir in flour using a whisk or wooden spoon, stir continuously for 30 sec to cook flour.
6. Add wine & broth, bring to a very slow simmer on med low heat, cook & stir 3-5 min till it is noticeably reduced & thickened, Next add cream cheese, & parm, stirring till it melts.
7. Add spinach, stir till it wilts about 1 min. Season to taste. If sauce seems to thick add more milk 1 tbl at a time to achieve preferred consistency.
8. Add mushrooms & tofu & heat through.
9. Top with fresh parsley, more parm, & a squeeze of lemon. Serve with garlic bread, rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta! Enjoy (serves 2-3)