Make this for your noodle bowl, rice bowls and even vegan poke bowls!
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp orange zest pinch or two chilli flakes
1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water (mixed together separately before adding to sauce)
Tofu: 1 block extra firm tofu cornstarch (corn flour)
1. For a more chicken-like texture, freeze tofu in its liquid, thaw out again and squeeze out any excess liquid.
2. Break into pieces and coat generously in cornflour. Fill a small bowl with cornflour and roll each piece of tofu around in it to make sure it’s thoroughly coated.
3. Shallow tofu fry at medium heat in a non-stick pan with your frying oil of choice.
4. Turn pieces until they are golden and crispy on all sides. While tofu is frying, prepare your sauce by mixing all ingredients and heating in a saucepan until it starts to thicken.
5. Pour into pan of tofu and stir together until all pieces are coated in the orange sauce. serve with rice or noodles and your favourite veg, and garnish with green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and orange zest! Enjoy.