Perfect For A Quick And Easy Snack!
3 medium sized carrots (I used rainbow carrots)
11/2 cups cooked chickpeas (preferably skin removed for a smoother consistency)
1/2 cup tahini
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tbsp for roasting the carrots, divided
2 cloves of garlic
3-4 tbsp lemon juice (according to taste)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cayenne
Salt, to taste
1. Wash the carrots and dice them into smaller pieces.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium and add about a tbsp of EVOO.
3. Add the carrots to the skillet, sprinkle some salt, and sauté them until they are cooked through and tender. You may cover the skillet to make the carrots cook faster and evenly. This takes about 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
5. Process until smooth and creamy. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and continue to blend. Add the roasted carrots and continue processing. You may add a tablespoon of ice cold water at a time to blend easily and to achieve the right consistency. Check for seasoning.
6. Add the remaining olive oil. Serve with chips or toasted flatbrea. Enjoy