- 300g sweet potato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 4 large plum/vine tomatoes, diced
- 70g lentils
- ½ tbsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ or ½ tsp cayenne pepper (depending on how much heat you like)
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the garlic and onion on a low heat until softened. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
2. Add the red pepper and tomatoes and fry on a medium heat until softened, around 5 mins, stirring frequently.
3. Add the basil, oregano and cayenne and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add sweet potato, red lentils and 1.5 litres of vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and use a hand blender to blend until smooth
To make the croutons:
Chop bread into cubes then fry in olive oil and salt & pepper until crispy. Enjoy.