400 g extra firm tofu, pressed, drained and cubed
3 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
Oil for frying
2 1/2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce (more to taste or add salt)
100 ml unsweetened orange juice
50 ml water
1 tbsp corn starch + 2 tbsp water (mixed)
Top with: chili flakes, sesame seeds & green onions.
Serve with rice.
1. Start by preparing the tofu. Mix corn starch, salt and white pepper in a large bowl.
2. Add the tofu and sesame oil and toss to coat all pieces of tofu. Shallow fry in pan on medium high heat until all sides are golden brown and crispy.
3. Mix all ingredients for the sauce, except for the corn starch and 2 tbsp of water, in a bowl then pour into a pan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat, let simmer 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently then add the corn starch slurry while stirring.
4. Stir for 30-45 seconds or until sauce has thickened then remove from heat.
5. Add crispy tofu to the sauce and coat them well. Top with chili flakes, sesame seeds & green onions and serve with rice.