680g fingerling potatoes, cut into small rounds
180g cooked lentils
4 parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 red onion, sliced
2-3 tbsp salted vegan butter
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
salt + pepper, to taste
4 tbsp plain vegan cream
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
2-4 tbsp water to thin
a pinch of salt + pepper
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until smooth, adding more water or oil to thin (just a little at a time). Set aside.
2. In a large cast iron pan, heat vegan butter and cook/season onions on the stove top for a few minutes until partially cooked.
3. Toss in potatoes and parsnips. Stir to coat in vegan butter and season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to the oven and roast at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, toss halfway. Everything should be cooked and golden. I cut my potatoes into small rounds so they would cook faster. You can always boil them for 4-5 minutes before roasting, if you want larger potatoes.
5. Toss in chopped dill, lemon juice and garlic and stir to combine.
6. Serve on a bed of warm lentils and drizzle with lemon dill dressing.