1 medium white onion, chopped into small pieces
4 medium carrots, peeled, and shredded with a cheese grater.
3 to 4 celery stalks, trimmed, and cut into small pieces.
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup dairy-free butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour, substitute for gluten-free flour.
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup of unsweetened dairy-free milk
3 cup dairy-free cheddar cheese, gluten-free, pick a brand that you love since the flavor will be bold in the soup
5 cups broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1. Heat a large pot with butter over medium heat and cook the onion, carrot, celery until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the flour and mix. Pour the vegetable broth, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, stirring frequently until the soup comes to a boil.
3. Add the orzo pasta and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the white beans, lemon juice, dairy-free milk, nutritional yeast, and spinach, stirring constantly until combined.
4. Remove the pot from the heat. Taste soup and add additional seasoning (salt, pepper, or italian seasoning) if needed.
5. Divide into soup bowls and serve.
6. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.