Delicious rice meal topped with roasted eggplants and cauliflower.
1 large aubergine, cut in half and scored
3 tbsp chermoula (Moroccan blend of herbs and spices, recipe is given below)
200g cauliflower florets
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
100g (2 servings) brown rice
50g garlic & herb roasted lentils
1/2 tsp chili flakes
fresh coriander, for garnish
salt + pepper, to taste
3 tbsp vegan yogurt, for serving
the chermoula recipe:
150 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped,
45 g fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped, leaves only
6 to 8 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp sweet paprika
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
30 ml water
1. Add all chermoula ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times, add a little more water or olive oil, if necessary).
2. Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
3. Place aubergine halves (cut side up) on a baking tray. Coat with chermoula and place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for roughly 40 minutes.
4. Toss cauliflower in olive oil, salt and pepper. Once your aubergine have roasted for 20 minutes, add cauliflower to the tray and return to the oven. Roast for the remaining 20 minutes together.
5. Plate aubergine, top with brown rice, cauliflower, roasted lentils, fresh coriander and chili flakes. Serve with vegan yogurt and enjoy!