This 3-ingredient Oat Waffles is a quick recipe that you can whip up in under 10 minutes.
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
2 medium bananas
1 cup your favourite plant-based milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 scoop vegan protein powder
Coconut whipped cream
1. Blend oats in a high power blender for 30 seconds until a fine flour forms. Stir briefly to loosen and to make sure they aren’t tightly packed in base of blender.
2. Add in banana and milk and blend for 30 seconds on high, until mixture is smooth and lump-free.
3. Set mixture aside for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
4. Switch waffle iron on and allow to reach cooking temperature.
5. Using kitchen towel, thoroughly coat all cooking surfaces of iron with coconut oil to avoid sticking.
6. Spoon batter evenly into waffle iron, being careful not to overfill.
7. Close lid and cook for 7-8 minutes..
8. Open iron SLOWLY, and leave waffle in place for 30 seconds before gently removing with a flat knife.
9. Repeat process for remaining batter. Greasing iron between each waffle with coconut oil and store waffles on a plate in warm oven until ready to eat.
10. Serve with maple syrup, coconut cream, bananas, berries, nuts and/or cinnamon. Enjoy!